Flavor Recommendations: Garlic & Herb, Jamaican Jerk, Savory Chipotle F.I.T. BrineTM
INGREDIENTS (4 skewers):
- 1 pound boneless top round lamb, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1oz (approxmately half of 1/3 cup) F.I.T. BrineTM per 1lb of lamb meat
- 8 medium mushrooms
- 8 (1 1/2 inch) pieces red onion
- 1 bell pepper
- Olive oil
- Cube lamb into 2-in chunks and brine in Ziplock bag per instructions on package
- Take the lamb out of the bag (~Optional~ For added flavor strain the brine and set the spice/herb mixture aside)
- Thread onto a skewer in the following order: mushroom--lamb-onion-bell pepper, using 1 piece of each. Repeat 1 more time. Repeat with remaining skewers.
- Lightly brush skewers on each side with olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- ~Optional~ if you strained the brine, rub spice/herb mixture all over the kebabs instead of seasoning with salt and pepper
- Let sit for 10 to 20 minutes in refrigerator.
- Place on a preheated medium-high grill and cook until lamb is cooked to desired doneness, about 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Serve with recommended side dishes (Found in the Vegetables & Sides Section)