INGREDIENTS (4 servings):
- 1 ½ cups white rice
- ¼ cups canola oil
- 1 ½ cups water
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tsp Savory Chipotle F.I.T. Brine
- 1 tbsp cumin
- ¾ tsp. onion powder
- Soak 1 1/2 cups of rice for 30 minutes in hot water, not on the stove, until opaque white. Strain the rice until dry.
- Put 1/4 cup canola oil into skillet. Heat oil to medium and add rice, stirring constantly, until the rice is light brown.
- When done, remove the rice from the pan and drain the oil.
- Add to the pan and stir: 1 1/2 cups of water, 3 tbsp. tomato sauce, 1 tsp. of Savory Chipotle F.I.T. Brine, 1 tbsp. cumin and 3/4 tsp. onion powder.
- Taste to make sure the seasoning is to your liking.
- Return the rice to the pan and stir into the liquid and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to medium low, and do not stir anymore. Cover the pan, and cook 12 to 15 minutes until the rice is done. Do not stir the rice. Use a fork to check for doneness. If still not done, add a quarter cup of water and cook a little bit longer.
- Remove from heat, and fluff with a fork.