INGREDIENTS 4 servings):
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoon Savory Chipotle F.I.T. Brine
- 1 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and Savory Chipotle F.I.T. Brine; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine buttermilk, oil, and egg; stir with a whisk. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Scrape mixture into an 8-inch square-baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 425° for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.