Flavor Recommendations: Sweet & Spicy, Jamaican Jerk, Original Hickory, Mesquite Apple, Savory Chipotle F.I.T. BrineTM
~Note~ Choose the brine flavor based on wood to be used for smoking
(Hickory and Mesquite go best with the same wood; Jamaican Jerk, Savory Chipotle, and Sweet & Spicy can be paired with any wood smoke flavor)
INGREDIENTS (10+ servings):
- 1 select or prime brisket
- F.I.T. BrineTM, one of the recommended flavors divided into:
- Brining Spices - 1oz (approximately half of 1/3 cup) of brine for every 2 lbs of brisket
- Seasoning Spices - 1oz (approximately half of 1/3 cup) of brine for every 5 lbs of brisket
- 1/2 cup of honey
~24-36 hours before smoking~
- Trim brisket as necessary. Using a large carving fork, poke holes into the brisket in all directions
- Place brisket in a large bag (2 gallon if available)
- Add Brining Spices to bag - 1oz of F.I.T. BrineTM for every 2 lbs of brisket (example: for a 12lbs brisket, use 6oz F.I.T. BrineTM)
- Add just enough water to the bag so the brisket will be submerged in the brine once the air is removed.
- Remove the air from the bag and seal using a zip tie or twist tie.
- Shake till spices and water are mixed
- Allow brisket to brine for about 24-36hrs in a fridge or cooler with ice. (~Optional~ half way through brining time, flip the brisket)
- ~Optional~ About 6hrs before smoking, remove brisket from the fridge/cooler and leave on counter to warm back up to room temperature
- Take the brisket out of the brine and place on a large cutting board.
- Warm 1/2 cup of honey and rub all over brisket
- Take Seasoning Spices - 1oz of F.I.T. BrineTM for every 5 lbs of brisket and rub all over brisket till it has a thorough coat.
- ~Optional~ For a coarser and spicier bark, add half cracked black pepper to Spices B before applying to brisket
- Preheat your smoker till it reaches 235°F and maintain that temperature throughout smoking
- Place the brisket in the smoker fat side down and insert a thermometer into the thickest part of the brisket.
- Smoke for approximately 10-12 hours till the thermometer reaches 195°F.
- Take the brisket out of the smoker and wrap in foil.
- Allow brisket to rest for several hours.
- Carve and serve with recommended side dishes (Found in the Vegetables & Sides Section)