Flavor Recommendations: Sweet and Spicy, Jamaican Jerk F.I.T. BrineTM
INGREDIENTS (6 servings):
- 1oz (approximately half of 1/3 cup) F.I.T. BrineTM per 1lb of beef
- 2 T. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 T. Chinese black (Chinkiang) vinegar or rice vinegar
- 2 tsp dark sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp five-spice powder
- 1/3 c. water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Peanut oil
- 3 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted and divided
- 1 Tbsp minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 c. red bell pepper strips
- 1 1/2 c. fresh broccoli florets
- 1 c. sliced mushrooms
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole baby corn, drained
- 1 lb. sliced or cubed beef skirt steak or tenderloin
- Slice or cube beef and brine per instructions on package.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, five-spice powder, water, and cornstarch, stirring with a whisk. Set aside.
- Heat peanut oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, ginger, and garlic to pan; stir-fry 30 seconds.
- Add bell pepper, broccoli, mushrooms, and corn; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add beef and stir-fry for 2 minutes
- Add soy sauce/cornstarch mixture; stir 3 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat; stir in 1 tablespoon sesame seeds.
- Serve with rice if desired.