Flavor Recommendation: Original Hickory, Jamaican Jerk, Savory Chipotle F.I.T. BrineTM
INGREDIENTS (6 servings)
- 1oz (approximately half of 1/3 cup) F.I.T. BrineTM for every 1lb of chicken
- 2lbs chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, preferably part olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- A generous 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 c. sliced carrots
- ½ c. peas, fresh or (defrosted) frozen
- ½ c. radishes, stem-and root-ends removed, slices paper-thin
- ½ c cucumbers, peeled, seeded (if desired) and sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1 cup tomatoes, cored and sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 6 cups romaine lettuce
- Sliced red onion
- 6 tablespoons crumbled Mexican queso fresco
- 2 lbs brined, cooked chicken, sliced or shredded
- Brine chicken per instructions on package.
- Grill or saute chicken and cube or slice.
- Make the dressing: Measure the lime juice, oil, salt, pepper and cilantro into a small bowl; whisk until thoroughly blended. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the lettuce, carrots, peas, radishes, cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Toss the vegetable mixture with the dressing, and then divide among the plates.
- Top with slices red onion, sprinkling of cheese, and chicken.