Flavor Recommendation: Garlic & Herb, Savory Chipotle F.I.T. BrineTM
INGREDIENTS (6 servings):
- 1oz (approximately half of 1/3 cup) F.I.T. BrineTM for every 1lb of chicken
- Cooking oil (Olive or Canola)
- 1-2 lbs chicken
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (can substitute dried parsley)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tbsp. shortening
- 1 /2 cup milk or buttermilk
- Brine chicken per instructions on package.
- Grill or saute chicken and shred.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add celery, carrots, onion, mushrooms, thyme, sage and bay leaf to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add shredded chicken to pan; cook 1 minute. Add broth to pan; bring mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Dumplings: Combine flour, chopped parsley, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Cut in shortening until mixture is resembles coarse crumb.
- Add milk, stirring just until moist.
- Spoon 6 mounds of dumpling batter into broth mixture; cover and simmer 12-15 minutes or until dumplings are done (toothpick comes out clean). Discard bay leaf.