Flavor Recommendations:Garlic & Herb, Lemon Pepper F.I.T. BrineTM
INGREDIENTS (8 servings):
- 1oz (approximately half of 1/3 cup) F.I.T. BrineTM for every 1lb of chicken
- 1 cup (1-inch) cubed carrot
- 1 cup (1-inch) cubed onion
- 1 cup coarsely chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup (1-inch) pieces celery
- 1 cup (1-inch) pieces red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 (14-ounce) cans fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- Brine chicken per instructions on package.
- Grill or saute chicken and cube.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; drizzle with oil, and toss well to coat.
- Arrange vegetable mixture in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan lined with foil. Bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Combine water and next 6 ingredients and chicken in a large Dutch oven; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes. Add roasted vegetables; simmer 30 minutes.
- Bring soup to a boil. Add pasta; simmer 10 minutes or until pasta is done, stirring occasionally.