Flavor Recommendations: Garlic & Herb, Jamaican Jerk, Savory Chipotle F.I.T. BrineTM
INGREDIENTS (4 skewers):
- 1oz (approximately half of 1/3 cup) F.I.T. BrineTM
- 1 cup of water
- 1 pound of shrimp, shells removed
- 8 medium mushrooms
- 8 (1 1/2 inch) pieces red onion
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Mix shrimp, 1 oz (approximately half of 1/3 cup) of F.I.T. BrineTM and, 1 cup of water in a Ziplock bag. Remove as much air as possible and seal the bag. Brine shrimp for 2-3 hours
- Remove the shrimp from the brine and split into identical portions equal to the number of kebab skewers (~Optional~ For added flavor strain the brine and set spice/herb mixture aside)
- Thread onto a skewer in the following order: shrimp-mushroom-onion-tomato, using 1 piece of each. Repeat 1 more time. Repeat with remaining skewers.
- Lightly brush skewers on each side with olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper (~Optional~ if you strained the brine, rub spice/herb mixture on the shrimp and vegetables)
- Place on a preheated medium-high grill and cook until shrimp and vegetable as cooked about 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Serve with recommended side dishes (Found in the Vegetables & Sides Section)